Tanner McKee is a 6-foot-6 220 pound quarterback that preps at Centennial High School in Corona, California (Class of 2018). As a junior he completed 203 of 208 passes (.725) for 3522 yards and 36 touchdowns against only eight interceptions. He also had 63 carries for another 539 yards and 15 more touchdowns. For good measure he even punted two times for 72 yards. He was named to the MaxPreps Junior All-American second team, the D1 All-CIF first-team, and Offensive Player of the Year. McKee is also an outside hitter for the Centennial volleyball team.
McKee is rated 4-stars by Scout, Rivals, and ESPN (grade of 86). Scout has him ranked as the no. 2 quarterback in the west and the no. 29 recruit nationally overall, while ESPN has him at 48 in the ESPN 300. He has scholarship offers to Alabama, Arizona State, Boise State, BYU, Colorado, Duke, Georgia, Hawaii, Houston, Louisville, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon State, Purdue, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, Utah, Virginia Tech, Washington. McKee has also seen recruiting interest form Cal, Notre Dame and Stanford. He is LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and is planning on serving a two-year mission, making him effectively a member of the Class of 2020.
|Hometown:||Corona, California||High School:||Centennial|
|Class:||2018||HT/WT:||6’6”, 220 lbs.|
|Profiles:||MaxPreps, HUDL||Squat:||375 pounds|
|Rivals:||(4 / 5)|
|Scout:||(4 / 5)|
|ESPN:||(4 / 5)|
|Average:||(4 / 5)|
Q&A with Tanner McKee
What are the things you are looking for in a potential school?
I’m looking for a good school academically, a school where I relate well with the coaches and fit their system.
Which schools are currently showing you the most love in the recruiting process?
Alabama, BYU, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington
What are some of your favorites?
A Knight’s Tale (film), all kinds of music, and Honey Bunches of Oats
What is your greatest accomplishment in sports?
I think being a team player and helping my team win.
Greatest accomplishment in life?
Overcoming adversity and staying positive
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Only worry about the things you can control
Who is a current player (collegiate or pro) that you seek to emulate on the field?
Probably Aaron Rogers
What are your personal goals for this upcoming football season?
I want to continue getting better. Improving my reads. I also want to get bigger and faster.
- 4-star QB Tanner McKee says he’d ‘fit in great’ at Texas following visit – Cody Daniel, Burnt Orange Nation, May 8, 2017
- Oklahoma Sooners Football Recruiting: McKee Visits Norman, Johnson Decommits from Texas Tech – Graham Dudley, Crimson and Cream Machine, May 6, 2017
- Hello, Tanner McKee? Texas, Tom Herman appear to be seeking a third quarterback – Mike Cravan, Hook em, Austin American-Statesman, April 29, 2017
- Four-Star QB Tanner McKee offered by Duke on visit – Adam Rowe, CBS Sports, April 4, 2017
- 4-Star QB Tanner McKee Discusses Where UCLA, USC, Stand in Recruitment – Robert Judin, Campus Insiders, March 9, 2017
- One to Watch Interview: 2018 California QB Tanner McKee Preps for a Big Junior Season – Ryan Wright, Recruiting News Guru, April 24, 2016
If you are a D1 prospect and would like to have your own profile just like this one listed on this website go here. If you have any additional information or insight about this recruit, please include it in the comment section below.