Wendell Carter is a 6-foot-10 254 pound power forward from Atlanta, Georgia who preps at Pace Academy (Class of 2017). He has made a verbal commitment to attend Duke University.
— Wendell Carter Jr (@wendellcarter34) November 23, 2016
As a junior last season (2015-16) at Pace, Carter averaged 21.6 points, 13.6 rebounds, and 5.5 blocks per game leading the Knights to the state title. As a sophomore (2014-15) he averaged 21.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, and 4.1 blocks per game. In AAU he has played with CP3 (NC, 2016), the Georgia Stars (2015), and Southeast Elite. He was named to the USA Today All-Georgia first team, MaxPreps All-American honorable mention (2016), MaxPreps Junior All-American first team (2016), Atalanta Journal Consituttion All-State Class 2A first-team, Georgia Region 6AA Player o fthe Year (2015), Atlanta Tipoff Club All-Metro Atlanta second-team (2015), and Atlanta Journal Constitution Atlanta/South Fulton Player of the Year and first-team (2015, 2016). He won a gold medal with at the 2015 FIBA Americas U16 championship, where he started and averaged 13.6 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 1.8 steals per game. In addition to starring on the court, Carter also boasts a 3.8 GPA and recently starred in his school’s theatrical production “You Can’t Take it with You.”
Carter has been rated 5-stars by Scout, Rivals, and ESPN (Grade of 97), who list him at No. 1 in his position nationally and No. 3 overall. His composite on 247 sports is .9986. He holds scholarship offers from Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, California, Connecticut, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Murray State, North Carolina, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest.
|Hometown:||Atlanta, Georgia||High School:||Pace Academy|
|Class:||2017||HT/WT:||6’10”, 254 lbs.|
|Position:||Power Forward||AAU:||CP3 (NC), Southeast Elite|
|Profiles:||MaxPreps, HUDL, Verbal Commits||Twitter:||@wendellcarter34|
|Rivals:||(5 / 5)|
|Scout:||(5 / 5)|
|ESPN:||(5 / 5)|
|Average:||(5 / 5)|
- Meet the high school hoops star who could spurn Duke and Kentucky to attend Harvard – Aaron Torres, Fox Sports, August 23, 2016
- Class of 17: No. 11 Pace Academy (Ga.) forward Wendell Carter Jr. – Jason Jordan, USA Today, August 10, 2016
- Harvard is on the short list of this top hoops recruit – Julian Benbow, Boston Globe, July 22, 2016
- Wendell Carter is a different kind of 5-star basketball recruit – Russell Steinberg, SB Nation, July 11, 2016
- Top-5 prospect Wendell Carter isn’t all about basketball, and he doesn’t care – Jeff Borzello, ESPN, June 28, 2016
- Wendell Carter Jr. Says he and Gary Trent Jr. are ‘Definitely’ Going to School Together – Jack LeGwin, SNY.tv, May 29, 2016
If you have any additional information or insight about this recruit, please include it in the comment section below.